Makulubita Integrated Basic School Improvement Project (MIBSIP)
MIBSIP stands for Makulubita Integrated Basic School Improvement Project. MIBSIPwas developed under MCOBAP as part of the strategic plan to improve the lives of the marginalised people in Makulubita, Luweero District in Uganda.
Makulubita is one of the 13 sub-counties of Luweero District with over 26000 people(stand: 2002 census). Makulubita with its 52 villages is a victim of civil wars that took place in Uganda between 1081 - 1986. As a result, schools were closed down, thus children during this time did not get the basic education, making their futures futile. Even after the war, the education system has taken so long to boost up, leading to very poor performance of the kids, hence unable to continue to higher institutions of learning. Reasons were:
- Many girl school drop outs,
- No nutrition programm for the kids,
- Poor sanitation,
- Lack of self-help Programmes,
- Lack of proper school materials for most of the children,
- A cultural negative attitude towards girl-child-education.
- Attaining high quality basic primary and secondary education,
- Improving capacity-building for a sustainable education system,
- Creatingn an infrastructural system to continue in tertiary or secondary school .
The direct Target group of this Project are the children and youths of these villages. These form over 50% of the total population of this area. It is but possible, that this school Project may influence many children and youths in the whole of Luweero district, which is about 500,000 People.
- Improving the quality of education materials for the children by providing Textbooks
- A 3 Classroom-block is being built and a Kindergarten renovated
- A proper clean kitchen to be set up
- A school farm has been raised
- All classroooms have recieved desks
From the beginning - in the planning as well as in the implementation phase, it has been very crucial to always involve the Beneficiaries. This guarrantees Sustainability!